THINKING OF BUYING A PROPERTY?
1. GET PREPARED
Why you are buying?
- What is the motivation behind purchasing a property in the Lower Mainland? Is it that you want put your money in a stable appreciating investment and/or you are tired of renting? Do you currently own and need a larger home / smaller home/ and/or a home in a different location? Is this a pure investment and you are looking to add value?
- How long do you anticipate owning your next property?
How much you can afford?
- Meet with your financial institution or a mortgage broker to understand what you can afford. If you are not sure where to start with this, contact me for help.
- Understand the costs of the transaction. I can help you with this.
- Understand the value of ongoing home maintenance.
2. UNDERSTAND YOUR MUST HAVES AND YOUR NICE TO HAVES
List your criteria out and then determine what are must haves and what are not deal breakers: space needs, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, location, outdoor space, style of home, updated or in need of a renovation, layout, directional orientation etc.
3. ASK QUESTIONS
Use my experience, knowledge, and network to your advantage. Ask me lots of questions about the market, trends, opportunities, creative things I have seen people do to increase value, and things to avoid.
4. LOOK AT PROPERTIES
It is helpful to clarify what you want and need by looking at what is available. I am a firm believer at looking at as many properties as it takes. The market varies from type of property and location at any time. So let me help you understand the market you are looking in. Start by setting up your own custom search or let me do it for you.